Coach says that many peeps use mala bead necklaces or bracelets for meditation or prayer.
- This mala is made of Black Sandalwood
- size:6mm / 216 Prayer Bead
Here is a mala practice you might want to try that is simple, easy, and enjoyable. Follow these 8 steps to get started:
- Clarify the intention of your practice and choose your mantra, prayer or affirmation.
- Find a comfortable space and sit quietly in a cross legged position.
- Close your eyes and observe the speed and depth of your natural breath.
- Begin to breathe deeply and bring your focus and attention onto your mantra or affirmation.
- Hang the first mala bead gently on the middle or ring finger of your right hand.
- Place your thumb on the guru bead and begin reciting your mantra.
- At the end of the mantra push the mala bead away with your thumb and move onto the next bead for another round. Continue until you reach a count on 7, 21, 27, or 108 AND some beads are in strands of 216 beads.
- If you wish to do another round of mantras or affirmations, do not skip over the guru bead. Instead, turn the mala around and move in the opposite direction.